I am currently with Amazon Web Services as a Applied Scientist. I work on Amazon CodeWhisperer, a ML based code companion for developers.
I am passionate about using the advances in ML and AI in solving real-world problems. My research interests are in generative models for code and images, model compression and inference optimizations.
Prior to joining Amazon, I graduated with a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where I was advised by Prof. Naresh Shanbhag. I graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras, with a bachelor's and master's degree in Electrical Engineering. My master's thesis was on optical phase-locked loops. If you are interested in my research further check out my publications, or this book that I co-authored.
NewsArticles talking about my research and/or me:
- Celebrating Our Graduates: Sujan Gonugondla - by Allie Arp in Coordinated Science Laboratory, 2020
- CSL students awarded prestigious IEEE-SSCS Predoctoral Achievement Award - by Allie Arp in Coordinated Science Laboratory, 2020
- To Speed Up AI, Mix Memory and Processing - by Katherine Bourzac in IEEE Spectrum, 2018
- 7 Ideas for AI Silicon from ISSCC - by Rick Merritt in EE Times, 2018
- University of Illinois, Micron enhance speed and battery life of mobile, IoT devices with deep in-memory architecture - by Kim Gudeman in Coordinated Science Laboratory, 2018
- Gonugondla wins Best Paper Award at IEEE Conference - by August Schiess in Coordinated Science Laboratory, 2016